Thank You Letter for Interview (before the interview)
A Thank You Letter for Interview (before the interview) is a unique document that expresses gratitude and interest in the interviewer and the organization prior to the actual interview. While a thank you letter is more commonly sent after the interview, sending one beforehand can set you apart as a proactive and thoughtful candidate.
Structure of the form:
- Heading: It includes the date, candidate's name and contact information, recipient's name, title, and contact information for the organization.
- Salutation: A formal greeting addressed to the recipient, often including their title and last name.
- Opening paragraph: This section highlights your excitement and appreciation for the opportunity, as well as your eagerness to contribute to the organization.
- Body: One or two paragraphs discussing your qualifications and showcasing your knowledge about the company, thus demonstrating your interest in the position.
- Closing paragraph: Reiterate your gratitude for the opportunity to interview and express your enthusiasm for meeting the interviewer soon.
- Complimentary close: A courteous closing phrase, such as "Sincerely" or "Best regards."
- Signature: Your typed or handwritten name.
- Names and contact information of both parties
- Relevant qualifications
- Company-specific information
This form is compiled by the job applicant, and the parties involved are the applicant and the hiring manager or recruiter.
When compiling the letter, consider using formal language and maintaining a positive, professional tone. Research the company and role to exhibit your genuine interest.
Subject: Thank You for the Interview Opportunity - [Your Full Name]
Dear [Interviewer's Name],
I want to express my sincere gratitude for the opportunity to discuss the [Position Name] position with you on [Interview Date]. I am excited to learn more about the role and how my skills and experience can contribute to the success of [Company Name].
From our conversation, I have gathered that your team is looking for someone with strong [mention relevant skills or experience] skills, and I believe that my background will make me a valuable addition to the team. My experience in [mention previous job roles or industries] has equipped me with the necessary skills to perform well in this position, and I am confident that I can excel given the opportunity.
Furthermore, researching [Company Name] has made me certain that its culture, mission, and values align with my personal and professional goals. I am eager to take on new challenges and contribute to the company's growth and success.
Once again, thank you for considering me for this position. I look forward to the upcoming interview and learning more about how my skills can be an asset to [Company Name].
Please feel free to contact me should you need any additional information or clarification prior to our meeting. I am looking forward to our conversation on [Interview Date].
[Your Full Name]
The advantages of this form include creating a favorable first impression, showcasing your enthusiasm for the role, and demonstrating your proactive approach.
Potential problems during the filling out process might include a lack of pertinent information about the company or position or addressing it to the wrong party.
Alternative forms include a Thank You Letter for Interview after the interview or a pre-interview email expressing gratitude and interest.
This letter can be submitted via email or postal mail but should always be in a professional, formal format. The recipient typically retains the letter as part of the hiring consideration process.